Have you ever noticed how the colors of the rainbow and our chakras are in the same order: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet? Each chakra draws on a different type of energy, and its status indicates the balance in our lives for that particular area. Once a deficient color is lured in, it can liven us up or send us into silence, and it may excite us or calm us down. It may make us feel cold or warm, and it may annoy us or give us joy. It may carry us to higher levels of spirituality, but most importantly, it may balance our feelings and transform our lives.
If you are drawn toward a color, it may be related to the energy you’re lacking. It may be related to your living conditions or your identity. Or more likely, it may be revealing the deepest desires and thoughts within your subconscious. Form is connected to the left side of the brain (logic and commonsense), but colors are connected to the right side along with emotions, instinct, and creativity. Colors reveal to us the features that we are not aware of on a conscious level.
We can draw on the color we need in three different ways, namely by consuming fruits and vegetables in that color, wearing those colors, or using those colors in the spaces we live in. The correct colors for a space can be determined through Feng Shui. In addition to color, though, materials, textures, and other details are considered as well. What’s more, our outfits act as filters for color, thus determining the light and color that our bodies absorb. When we dress in the correct colors, our skin looks smoother and fresher, our eyes look bigger and brighter, and our hair color looks more natural. To live in balance and harmony, we care for the energy of the space in which we live, the colors of our outfits, and what color foods we consume. But how can you determine which colors you need?
Red: Red is the seed—it’s passion, love, and fire. Our blood is the color red. It says I’m strong and I am in control. It controls the first chakra, the root chakra. It’s your family, your country, and where you were born. It’s twin color is green. For single people who want to have a relationship, we use red in Feng Shui.
- If it functions too much, you will feel sluggish, heavy, too materialist, a tendency to be a workaholic, sensitive, and vindictive.
- If it functions poorly, you might feel fear, anxiety, tiredness, and rebelliousness.
- If it’s in balance, you feel safe, and your physical health should be in good shape. You will live in the moment and attract abundance.
If there’s a deficiency, eat red-colored vegetables and fruits. Red has too much fire, but there are limited alternatives to using it in a room.
Orange: Orange is about new ideas, new birth, new life, vitamin C, and freshness. It’s the second (sacral) chakra, the emotional center.
- If it functions too much, you will feel overly sensitive, obsessed, and emotionally and sexually dependent.
- If it functions poorly, you will feel emotionally numb, fearful of change and even pleasure, bored, frigid, and incompetent.
- If it’s in balance, you will have a highly functional emotional intelligence. You will be able to establish healthy boundaries and develop healthy sexual relationships.
If there’s a lack of orange, eat vegetables and fruits of that color. If you can’t wear it as an outfit, wear orange underwear or orange socks.
Yellow: Yellow represents fire, comfort, and self-confidence. A yellow outfit says “look at me” and “watch me.” This is why taxis are often yellow. Yellow is the third chakra, which relates to the solar plexus, comfort, self-confidence, and ego (i.e., your relationship with yourself).
- If it functions too much, you will feel oppressive, guilty, aggressive, ready to pick a fight, hyperactive, and competitive.
- If it functions poorly, you may feel diminished desire, low self-esteem, obedience, sluggish, fearful, low in energy, and less self-confident.
- If it’s in balance, you should feel self-confident, connected, and brimming with self-esteem.
If there’s a lack of yellow, eat vegetables and fruits of this color. Do not wear yellow to bed—it’s better to wear it for sporting activities because it gives energy. If you do not feel comfortable wearing it openly, wear it as underwear or as a pair of socks.
Green: Green denotes money, wealth, growth, and life. It relates to the fourth (heart) chakra, which represents love. Green is growth, and it’s oxygen. There is green everywhere in nature. It’s regarded as being highly valuable for real estate and holidays. Green means to accept oneself.
- If it functions too much, you may feel highly dependent on others, unable to establish enough boundaries, and jealous. You may also victimize yourself and feel a need to constantly please others.
- If it functions poorly, you may feel antisocial, introverted, critical, intolerant, isolated, and lacking in empathy.
- If it’s in balance, you should feel loving, caring, accepting of yourself and others, pleased, peaceful, safe, and uncritical.
When there’s a lack of green in your life, eat green vegetables and fruits. Green amplifies, so if you are sick or have cancer or a tumor, do not wear green. In such cases, go for pale blue, silver, yellow, pale mint green, or turquoise instead. Too many plants in the bedroom is also not good for you. An alternative to green is its counterpart pale pink. It relates to the heart, and it should be evaluated in accordance with the energy of the room.
Blue: The majority of our planet—including the sky, the seas, and the oceans—is blue. Blue is the color of communication and expression, and it’s related to the fifth (throat) chakra. Water is communication, and it comforts and gives a feeling of rest. The value of real estate close to water tends to increase, and cities are generally built close to water. It is the color most often used in logos, and it’s the favorite color of 50 % of men and 35 % of women.
- If it functions too much, a person may talk too much, not listen, gossip, and be unable to keep a secret. Some forced expressions of creativity may also be observed.
- If it functions poorly, a person may fear to talk and have a weak voice and extreme shyness. An aversion to creative expression may also be observed.
- If it’s in balance, a person should have a full voice, clear communication skills, and a transparent expression. He or she should also be a good listener, honest, and brimming with creative ideas.
Do not wear blue if you have water-related problems in your body, however, such as swelling in the legs and feet. In the bedroom, blue supports your dreams.
Indigo: Indigo is the color of inner wisdom, of knowing without knowing how. It’s related to the sixth chakra, which is the third eye between the eyebrows. Note that purple is the least favorite color for 22% of men and 8% of women.
- If it functions too much, there may be problems in concentrating, headaches, extreme fantasies, unwanted memories, nightmares, obsessions, and delusions.
- If it functions poorly, there may be weaknesses in imagination and perception, insensibility, memory weakness, an inability to see patterns, feelings of denial, and a lack of flexible thinking.
- If it’s in balance, there should be sharp instincts, understanding, imagination, a good memory, and observation skills that will guide that person through life and give them the ability to see the bigger picture.
If used too much in the bedroom, it may trigger nightmares. When used in balance, though, it improves your sight.
Violet: Violate relates to the seventh (crown) chakra on the top of your head. It comprises the sum of all chakra colors.
- If it functions too much, there may be an intellectual spiritual religious dependency, independence from the spirit, incompatibility with the body, and confinement to the mind.
- If it functions poorly, a person may experience difficulty learning, spiritual ambiguity, limited faith, materialism, a lack of interest, and straight-headedness.
- If it’s in balance, the person should be spiritually connected, wise, smart, comprehending of existence, questioning, analytical, and open-minded.
Eating violet-colored food will support this chakra. Violet in the bedroom will also stimulate this chakra if it’s in harmony with the energy of the room.
There are other colors related to chakras, however.
Pink: Although the fourth chakra is green, its secondary color is pink. A soft pink awakens feelings of friendship, kindness, and gentleness. It also relates to innocence and purity. If you are acting a bit relentless toward others, it may be a good idea to wear some pink. If you are going to a difficult meeting, you may soften it a bit by wearing pink. It’s also the perfect color to wear to bed.
Brown: Brown connects us to our world through the soil. Nature begins with brown, and we come from the earth and ultimately return to it. Our bodies are made from the same material as tree trunks. It is a solid, structured, and soiled color.
Black: Black is a heavy color that involves intense water energy. Black says, “This close, but no closer.” It is the color of hiding and protection, and psychologically, it protects from the stress of the outer world. If you’re feeling down, though, do not wear black. What’s more, black and white draw on argumentative energy when used together.
White: White represents light, purity, cleanliness, and new beginnings.
Gold: Gold relates to wealth, the status quo, and success. Gold is masculine, while silver is feminine. Gold says, “I do,” while silver says, “I am.” Gold is positive energy, while silver is negative energy. They are partners that go together very well.
Silver: If you are angry with extra physical energy, silver will help calm you down. It opens up your intuitive channels and protects you from negative energy.
So, which of these colors do you think you have too much of or too little, if any? You will know yourself the best. Are you in balance? If not, you have the key to change it…
Hasan Sonsuz Çeliktaş
- Astrology (64)
- Bulletin (1)
- Featured (54)
- Health (78)
- Life (254)
- Mystery (62)
- Soul (400)
- Story (23)
- Sufi (38)
- Top (4)
- Traveller (35)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Video (3)