1. Remove any unnecessary walls. When it comes to bedrooms, you can partition them with glass or furniture. It’s not needed to divide the living room, so you can leave the whole space open, with the obvious exception of the washroom.
2. Lighting is the easiest and most effective way to make a space look bigger. It’s best have light sources hidden in your furniture. When spaces are lit with the wall-washing type of illumination, people perceive them to be much larger.
3. Creating zones works very well as a solution in small spaces. For example, rather than decorating a whole room with the same materials and colors, trying laying a mat at the entrance, a rug under your dining table, and another for the living area.
4. If you can create a wall composition of beautifully patterned and bright wallcoverings, matched with equally beautiful furniture, all eyes will be drawn on to your composition. No one will even notice the smallness of the room as they savor the view.
5. It is sometimes a wise idea to install a raised floor system with drawers underneath to gain extra storage space. This will save on the amount of closet space you need and give you a better view when you wake up.
6. Sleeping under the stars can complement your bedroom’s atmosphere nicely.
7. A brick wall and a fireplace can be a rather relaxing addition. It may seem like a waste of space, but it acts as an attractive focal point and relieves the house in general.
8. Multifunctional furniture that is suitable to the size of the space should be used. That doesn’t mean that they should be small, however, because large, single piece furniture items generally function better.
9. Covering a wall completely with mirrors can make a space feel twice as large.
10. For when people’s eyes scan the room, make sure you have a differently colored couch that stands out, because this will make the room feel larger than it would with a monochromatic color scheme.
11. Curtains are much more important than you may think. When correctly dimensioned, colored, full-length curtains make a space feel larger.
12. Round tables are a life-saving solution for small spaces. Not only is movement easier thanks to the lack of sharp corners, more people can sit at them.
13. Wall accessories should be consciously chosen to create focal points and serve a purpose.
14. Extra variety can be created by using wallpaper on one wall and paint on another wall.
15. You shouldn’t be scared of using patterns. A pleasant pattern is always a better option than an empty wall.
16. Colorful and patterned pillows enrich a space.
17. If there isn’t enough space, lighting can come from the wall.
18. If there isn’t enough space for closets in your bedroom, you can find beds with built-in storage.
19. Treat your hallways with just as much care as your rooms.
- Astrology (64)
- Bulletin (1)
- Featured (54)
- Health (78)
- Life (254)
- Mystery (62)
- Soul (400)
- Story (23)
- Sufi (38)
- Top (4)
- Traveller (35)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Video (3)